We love to get together with friends to enjoy good food and fun. This dip recipe is the perfect way to help keep our party guests happy, with a bowl of this light and healthy dip that goes great with a cool veggie stick or some crispy pita chips. We lighten up our favorite dip with nonfat Greek yogurt and light sour cream for a flavorful treat that is sure to please our guests. Caramelizing the onions is the secret to making this dip both sweet and savory. All it takes is a few minutes, so we can make this dip without too much pre-planning. We like to make ours the night before our party and refrigerate overnight to let the flavors meld together. Our guests go wild for this dip and we know yours will too!
Onion and Garlic Dip
Serves 2 cups
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Heat olive oil, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook for about 30 minutes or until onions have browned and become caramelized.
- Mix in garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until softened. Pour into a separate dish to cool.
- Combine the sour cream, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, thyme, garlic salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in cooled onion mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe adapted from Show Me The Yummy