Or family loves going to barbecues, picnics, and potlucks. One of our favorite side dishes to bring along is potato salad. We’ve tried to experiment with different styles and ingredients, but this dill and mustard seed version is often our go-to combination. Creamy potatoes topped with a cool and tangy dressing are the best parts of this dish.
A creamy, mayo-based dressing is the star in this potato salad recipe. It’s seasoned with fresh dill and whole grain mustard for a tangy kick. The recipe is fairly flexible; for example, sometimes we substitute sour cream or Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise. Perfect with burgers, steaks, or even grilled fish, this potato salad is sure to be a hit at any get-together!
Mustard And Dill Potato Salad
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil potatoes in a medium pot until fork tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Whisk mayo, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper together until well blended.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Pour in mayonnaise and mustard mixture. Toss to coat and garnish with dill.
Recipe adapted from I Can Cook That