Who knew these two classic pasta dishes would go so well together!
What do you get when you combine rich, creamy beef stroganoff with cheesy macaroni? Macaroni and cheese stroganoff — an instant family favorite that’s quick and easy to prepare. We love the hearty mushroom sauce; kids love the beefy, cheesy macaroni. This is one of our favorite go-to recipes for rushed weeknight dinners. It’s ready for the oven in less than 15 minutes, leaving plenty of time to look over homework as it bakes.
Macaroni and Cheese Stroganoff
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (or 1 4.5-ounce can)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 300º Fahrenheit.
- Place large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, onions, and mushrooms.
- Season beef with salt, pepper and garlic salt, and continue to cook until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain and return to pan.
- Stir in soup and sour cream, and combine thoroughly over medium-low heat. Add cheese in small batches, stirring continuously until melted.
- Add cooked macaroni to meat mixture, and combine well. Pour ingredients into greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Toss panko crumbs in melted butter. Sprinkle buttered crumbs over pasta mixture, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food.com