We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But for our family, weekday mornings are hectic with everyone attempting to make it to school and work on time. It can be hard to find time to make a filling breakfast for our families. Can you relate?
Well, this baked, fruit-infused oatmeal makes it easier. Putting a new spin on an old favorite and requiring just minutes of prep time, this sweet and tasty treat bakes in the oven while you and your family get ready for your day. So whip up this hearty dish, and you’ll have a delicious breakfast that’ll keep you and your family going all morning long.
Fruity Baked Oatmeal
50min to prepare serves 4-6
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- 1/4 cup peaches
- 1/4 cup berries
- 1/4 cup apples
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, optional
- 2 teaspoons melted butter or olive oil
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in medium-sized bowl.
- In another bowl, stir the egg, butter, milk and vanilla extract until well-combined. Add the berries, peaches, apples and optional nuts and/or raisins to the bowl, and stir again until well-incorporated. Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the greased 2-quart baking dish. Bake uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is browned and a knife inserted into the center of the dish comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home