This dip is packed with some of our favorite flavors, and takes only a few minutes to whip up!
There’s nothin’ quite like Cajun flavor and we figured it was just about time that somebody brought all that tastiness to a dip. We volunteered for the job, and came up with one creamy, irresistible dip that’s bursting with Cajun flavors. Green onion and a little bit o’ shrimp add a bright and chewy depth to this one-of-a-kind spread.
This Cajun-inspired cream cheese and green onion dip provides a yummy complement to chips, crackers or veggies for your next casual get-together. It also makes a great sandwich spread or bagel topper. To create an elegant appetizer, cut toast tips and top with a dollop of the dip and a thin slice of cucumber. You can add a hint of Tabasco sauce if you like a touch more spice, or adjust the level of the Cajun seasoning to suit your palate. Get dippin’!
Cream Cheese Green Onion Dip
Serves 12; 15 minutes active; 1-2 hours inactive
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 pound precooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Tabasco sauce to taste (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer. Add evaporated milk a little at a time, continuing to beat until mixture is smooth.
- Dice green onions and stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Cut precooked shrimp into 1/4-inch pieces, and add to cream cheese mixture.
- Season cream cheese mixture with garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Add Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Refrigerate until cool, about 1-2 hours, or until ready to serve. Garnish with additional green onions and enjoy!