As certified choco-holics, we’ll eat just about anything with chocolate in it. This bark is no exception! Chocolate bark can typically be pretty expensive in stores, but it’s seriously so easy to make yourself. Plus, you can customize it however you want! If you’re looking to try something just a little bit different to satisfy your chocolate craving, this unique bark recipe fits the bill. Packed with hazelnuts and pistachios, this nutty bark also has a hint of cayenne pepper to give it an unexpected kick, so be ready for it…or leave it out, whatever works for you. Regardless of what you put in it, you should definitely make your own bark – it’s easy and delicious and you’ll be glad you did!
Chocolate Pistachio Hazelnut Bark
15 minutes active; 2 hours inactive to prepare serves 8
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Line the bottom of a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Set baking sheet aside.
- Put chopped chocolate into a medium bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until throughly melted.
- Stir in cayenne pepper and half of the pistachios and hazelnuts.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto the lined baking sheet. Take a rubber spatula and spread it out into a smooth layer.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts and sea salt over chocolate bark. Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow bark to harden.
- Remove bark from refrigerator, and break into randomly sized pieces. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit