When we want a hardy, satisfying dinner, but don’t want to spend all evening in the kitchen, this casserole is one of our favorite go-to’s.
When we want a hardy, satisfying dinner, but don’t want to spend all evening in the kitchen, this cheesy ham and vegetable casserole is one of our favorite solutions. We bake the ham, diced potatoes and colorful mixed veggies in a creamy, seasoned cheese sauce, and then top it with even more cheese. It’s so comforting, incredibly delicious, and this flavorful ham bake is super simple to make.
Prep for this is super easy – less than 10 minutes, and the oven does the rest! With this casserole, we can spend time with our loved ones and still serve them a heartwarming meal. When we want to serve something simple and satisfying, we look for easy recipes like this to help put dinner on the table without too much fuss.
Cheesy Ham and Veggie Bake
10 minutes active cook time, 1 hour inactive
- 3 cups cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, green beans)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Warm olive oil over medium heat in large skillet. Sauté onion 7 to 8 minutes, until slightly caramelized. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in ham to warm through. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Combine cream soup, sour cream, melted butter and Dijon mustard in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes, mixed vegetables and 1 1/2 cups of cheese to baking dish. Pour cream sauce over top. Stir gently to combine all ingredients.
- Bake in preheated oven 55 to 65 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and top with remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Recipe adapted from Once A Month Meals