We are all about quick and easy weeknight dinners at our house!
We are all about quick and easy weeknight dinners at our house! We love finding those recipes you can just throw together last minute, stick in the oven, and magically pull out a delicious dinner with minimal effort. This crispy cheddar chicken and herbs is just the ticket! The prep involves some breading, but it really doesn’t take too long, and trust us – the final product is worth it! Serve with some steamed veggies and rice, and there you have a weeknight dinner on the fly!
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
- 1/4 cup butter, melted + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, coat baking dish with 1/4 cup of butter.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in one bowl, eggs and milk in a separate bowl, and cheese and breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- To bread the chicken, first dredge pieces in flour mix, dip in egg mix, and finally press in breadcrumb mix to coat.
- Place breaded chicken in prepared pan, and drizzle 2 tablespoons of butter over everything.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until coating is golden. Serve up hot!
- Optional: Garnish with fresh thyme.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.