While some of you may be die-hard chocolate chip OR oatmeal (raisin) fansthe point being either/orwe love both of them and wanted to create a hybrid that was the perfect blend of chewy and chocolate-y. Chocolate chips and cocoa powder give these cookies a double dose of chocolate and we’re not messing around with the amount of oatsthese babies mean business! Regardless of whether you’re on the fence about this (winning) combo, try em out and judge for yourself. We thing they’re perfect and hopefully you will too!
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and lightened in color. 3-4 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vegetable oil, then add in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add oat flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips until incorporated, then use a small ice cream scoop or spoon to drop (1-1 1/2 tablespoons-worth) cookie dough onto baking sheet(s).
- Place baking sheets in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until edges begin to set. (Cookies will continue to cook and set once out of oven.)
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Running With Spoons