You may know that chicken masala is a traditional Indian dish, but did you know that it’s super easy to make yourself?
You may know that chicken masala is a traditional Indian dish, but did you know that it’s super easy to make yourself? The beauty of this dish is the chicken marinades for at least two hours, allowing the ingredients to blend together, making the dish super flavorful. We used to stick with our favorite Indian restaurant for whenever we got a hankering for chicken masala, but after we tried making it ourselves, we were hooked! It’s easy to prep ahead of time and it tastes great… what more could we ask for?!
Easy Chicken Masala
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 pieces of chicken
- 2 small onions, sliced
- To make the marinade, mix together the yogurt, garam masala, olive oil, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Add chicken to yogurt mixture and toss together, then cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Once the chicken has finished marinating, move your oven rack to the top of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the onions and spread them in a thin layer on the bottom of a glass baking pan.
- Place the marinated chicken overtop of the onions.
- Bake the chicken and onions for about an hour, or until the chicken is cooked completely through.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.SKM: below-content placeholder