This one’s for all the chocolate peanut butter fans out there!
Peanut butter and chocolate is hands down my favorite dessert combination. Don’t get me wrong, I like plenty of other combinations, but this one will always be at the top of my list. There’s just something about the earthy, slightly salty taste of creamy peanut butter mixed with melt-in-your-mouth rich chocolate that does it for me every single time.
Now, we’ve done our fair share of peanut butter chocolate desserts around here, from the decadent Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake to these easy, 5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars, but now I’m here for something classic and simple – Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies.
These beautiful brownies take about ten minutes to whip up, making them the perfect snack for any last-minute occasions. Of course, they are the perfect snack for just your family as well. And if you happen to eat most of them before the kiddos get to them? Well, I won’t tell anyone. No judgment here.
Start by mixing your wet ingredients – butter, peanut butter, white and brown sugar, and eggs. Once everything is nice and creamy, mix together your dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Aside from your standard flour and baking powder, the dry ingredients include a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. Both spices bring out the earthy notes of the peanut butter while complimenting the rich, semi-sweet chocolate topping.
Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix until combined. At this point, you can fold in some chocolate chips if you want, but left the brownie part plain for this first batch. Next time I make these, I may add in M&Ms to the brownie batter and sprinkle a few on top of the chocolate coating before it dries.
All that’s left to do is spread the batter into your prepared baking dish and bake at 350 for around 30 minutes. Once cooled, warm up your chocolate chips in the microwave and spread over top the brownies! If you love peanut butter and chocolate as much as I do, then you have to try this recipe!
Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies
Makes 9 brownies
10m prep time
35m cook time
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9″x9 baking dish with parchment paper, letting it hang off the sides so you can easily lift the brownies.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix peanut butter, butter, and both sugars. Slowly add the eggs, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, stirring to combine. Don’t over mix!
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes. The brownies should look slightly uncooked in the middle but will harden up as they cool. This will keep them chewy and moist.
- While the brownies cool, microwave the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals until melted. Spread the chocolate on top of the brownies before serving.
Recipe adapted from Savvy Saving Couple.