One of my all-time favorite childhood desserts was the banana pudding my mom used to make. It was nothing fancy, just store bought banana pudding mix layered with whipped cream and Nilla wafers, but it’s rare that I’ve come across a dessert that’s as delicious. This Banana Pudding Fluff reminds me so much of that childhood delight – it’s based on the same ingredients but instead is one cohesive, delicious blend of banana pudding goodness that makes for a satisfying and oh-so-scoopable treat.
Rather than layers, this fluff mixes together all the ingredients for more of a homogeneous dessert. There’s sliced bananas, banana pudding, whipped topping, crushed Nilla wafers, and mini marshmallows all folded together.
The mini marshmallows didn’t make an appearance in my mom’s version of banana pudding, but they’re a welcome addition in this fluff. They add a fluffy chew to go with the creamy banana, but the crushed wafers help in the texture department too.
Fluff is such an easy dessert to make and this one is cool and creamy and will take you just about five minutes to mix up. It’s the kind of quick treat that you love no matter what age you happen to be – it’s for kids of all ages!
Banana Pudding Fluff
5m prep time
5m cook time
- 1 (5.1 oz) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 bananas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 cups vanilla wafers, broken into pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Set aside to thicken.
- Peel and slice the bananas. Toss with lemon juice and set aside.
- Fold thawed whipped topping into thickened pudding. Add bananas, marshmallows, and vanilla wafers and fold to combine.
- Serve immediately or serve chilled. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Southern Bite.