For the consummate entertainer, it’s essential to have a plethora of recipes to choose from at the drop of a hat! This bruschetta recipe is a knock out that everyone will love, made up of hard, sheep’s cheese, Pecorino, and fresh figs and honey. This recipe is a refreshing combination of sweet and salty, and it comes together quickly and easily before any spur-of-the-moment get together!
Fig, Walnut & Honey Bruschetta
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 oz. Pecorino cheese, sliced
- 5-6 figs, sliced into wedges
- 1/3-1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- Turn broiler on high and place bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt over the top. Bake for 2-3 minutes, or until bread is crispy.
- Assemble bruschetta by placing 1-2 slices of pecorino on each slice of bread, then layer fig wedges on top.
- Top with walnuts and drizzle honey over everything.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!