It doesn’t get any easier than 10 minutes of prep with this salad…
Dish up a healthy serving of this five-bean salad for a twist on traditional boring side dishes. Five different beans give this salad a look that is as colorful as it is nutritious – plus, it couldn’t be easier to make! Packed full of minerals and fiber, this cholesterol-lowering salad is sure to become a family favorite…who can resist something that’s healthy and delicious?! Carry this salad out to your next picnic, or save it for a weeknight meal.
Whether you throw it all together at the last minute (we’ve all been there) or you make it a day or two before to let the flavors come together, there’s no wrong way to make this yummy side dish. Add a little hot sauce if you want it to have a little kick, then get munching – this stuff is great!
5 Bean Salad
Serves 6-8 15 minutes
- 1 (8.75 oz.) can corn
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can black eyed peas
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4-1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Rinse and drain each can of beans and corn.
- Toss the beans, corn and diced onion together with the olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add salt and pepper, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the sugar in the vinegar. Mix with the beans.
- Toss well with cilantro then refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or until chilled. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Epicurious