Throughout history, people have come a long way… mostly through trial and error. The triumphs and failures of the past help us to learn from mistakes and build on what’s worth building.
Photographs give us the chance to learn something about the people that came before us. They give perspective and inspire those that pay attention. From the ridicules to the ingenious, these captured moments are sure to amaze you.
Here’s our takeaway: What would they say about photos from our era 100 years from now? Anything but the “selfie” generation would be just fine.
1. Taken in an era long before photoshop, this photo is said to be genuine.
2. Just a boy and his steed.
3. This guy testing a prototype football helmet in 1912.
4. Let’s just say he got the call-back… Leo the lion in 1928.
5. Children without access to water practice swimming in a schoolyard.