Vegetables are such an important part of your daily diet and the more flavorful they are, the better! Luckily, it really doesn't take much to jazz up some already yummy veggies, so this dish is a walk in the park to make!
Some garlic, salt and olive oil are really the main ingredients we're adding to get these zucchini, squash and peppers ready for the big show, but feel free to add fresh herbs like rosemary or parsley to add a little extra flavor and visual interest. You can't go wrong with this recipe, so toss it all together and enjoy!
Squash And Pepper Casserole
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 squash, diced
- 2 large, red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Combine squash, zucchini, bell peppers, onion and garlic in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and toss to make sure everything gets coated.
- Transfer veggies to a baking dish or baking tray and bake for 40-45 minutes, tossing vegetables in the middle to make sure they cook evenly.
- Once everything is tender, let cool 5 minutes and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from The Garden Of Eating