Pasta is one of our all-time favorite dishes and, because there are so many different ways to make it, we never, ever get tired of it. Here, we decided to combine our eternal love for barbecue chicken with our undying affection for pasta…the result was absolutely delicious – smoky and cheesy and just how we like it – and we’re stunned we didn’t think of it sooner! If you like BBQ chicken and pasta as much as do, believe us when we say this is the perfect combination!
BBQ Chicken Pasta Bake
- 1 (16 oz.) box spiral pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup preferred barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook pasta according to packaging directions, or until just al dente, then drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion until softened and translucent. 6-8 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, and add chicken.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes, or until just browned, then pour in chicken broth and barbecue sauce and stir together, cooking for 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in pasta and cheddar cheese, then transfer mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious