Pizza bites are a snack time favorite. All you have to do is pop them in the oven for ten minutes and you have a snack that will make kids AND adults happy. But how do you bring them to a party without people knowing they’re store-bought? You make them yourself!
Homemade taco pizza rolls are the ultimate finger food for potlucks, play dates, and even game day! They’re delicious, perfect for dipping, fun to make, and they’re great if you want to pop them in the freezer to reheat later. And when they’re fresh out of the oven, full of melted cheese and crisp shell…let’s just say it’s hard to eat just one. What’s not to love about these homemade pizza bites?
Won Ton Taco Pizza Bites
- 1 12 ounce package of won ton wrappers
- 1 14 ounce jar of pizza sauce
- 1 8 ounce bag of shredded mozzarella
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 small bowl of water
- Begin by preheating the oven to 450° F
- Brown your beef in a medium saucepan for 10 minutes on medium heat, making sure to crumble your beef with a spatula (the smaller the pieces, the better). Drain the excess fat from the pan.
- Add 3/4 cup of water and taco seasoning to the pan and stir together. Cook for 5-8 minutes until all of the water has boiled off.
- Add about 3/4 of a teaspoon of pizza sauce to the middle of a won ton wrapper. Add a pinch of cheese and a little of the seasoned beef as well, enough so there are about 2 teaspoons of filling.
- Fold your won ton wrapper into a triangle with the filling in the middle. Wet your fingers in the bowl of water and press down the open edges of the won ton wrapper to create a seal. Then fold over the sealed edges once and press them down again to create a stronger seal.
- Repeat this process with each pizza bite, putting your finished won tons on a baking sheet.
- Before baking, touch the middle of the won ton wrapper (where the filling is) with a damp finger. Sprinkle garlic salt on top of the dampened part so that it sticks to the won ton wrapper.
- Bake for 8 minutes until the pizza bites are golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Yes To Yum