While we sometimes resort to fast food snacks that are less than nutritious, due to the fact that they’re quick and easy, we decided there’s no reason why we shouldn’t put in a little extra effort in order to provide our families and ourselves with dishes that, at the very least, we know what’s in them.
These deli pizza rolls aren’t necessarily health food, but we filled them with delicious cheddar cheese and ham, so we know we’re getting some quality ingredients when we bite into them. If you decide to use store-bought dough (or make your own ahead of time), these pizza bites are easy and fun to make and we know everyone who tries them will go crazy for them!
- 1 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough (or refrigerated biscuits)
- 1 cup deli ham (or pepperoni), cut into small pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375º F and line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease parchment paper with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Turn your dough out on a lightly floured surface and divide it into 18-20 equal-sized pieces.
- Roll each piece out to a thin, 3-inch circle and set up workstation with cream cheese, ham, mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Spoon 2 teaspoon cream cheese onto the center of each dough circle.
- Top with several small pieces of ham and then sprinkle cheddar cheese and mozzarella over the top.
- Take the edges of the dough and pull them up and over the ham and cheese, so that they meet in the middle.
- Pinch edges together to seal pizza roll, then transfer to cake pan, seam side down.
Alternative: pick up two sides of dough and seal together, leaving pizza rolls open on the sides.
- Repeat with remaining pizza rolls.
- Place cake pan in oven and bake for 25-27 minutes, or until bottom of dough is browned.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Just A Taste