When we think of salad, normally we think of a giant, leafy green confection that may or may not leave us feeling ravenous after an hour. This one is different. We present you with a deliciously light and refreshing salad that's perfect for summer (or anytime you want to be reminded of summer) and is ridiculously easy to make and throw together. Plus, it presents beautifully, making it an excellent choice for entertaining.
This fresh watermelon and feta salad is tasty, what with the two distinct flavors married together, and the mint really adds a lovely twist and takes the dish up a notch. We can't get enough of it!
Watermelon Feta Salad
30min to prepare Serves 6-8
- 1 (5 pound) watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 mint sprigs, stems removed, chopped; extra mint leaves for garnish
- tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place watermelon and feta in a large (serving) bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and lime juice.
- Add mint leaves and, using the back of a spoon or a muddler, muddle leaves by pressing them firmly and twisting them gently.
- Note: don't crush leaves; they should still be relatively intact, but they should be fragrant.
- Pour dressing over watermelon and feta and toss gently to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper, garnish with more mint and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from PBS