Is it just us or does bread sometimes feel like one of those intimidating recipeslike, “we could never pull that off!” Well, while we think you're totally capable of accomplishing any recipe, this one is literally the easiest you will ever come across! With a base of 5 ingredients, there's no wait time while the dough rests and rises, no kneading or punching down on floured surfaces (that always result in a hugely necessary cleaning spree), and no disappointment when you pull your bread out of the oven and see that it definitely didn't cook correctly.
Not only do you probably already have the ingredients for this bread, but it's also ridiculously tasty! For being so simple, it delivers a big flavor that you'll be raving about long after someone's gobbled down the last slice. You can use your favorite beer and feel free to throw in some extras like flax or chia seeds to give it a boost of nutrients. With or without, this bread is a winner!
Yields 1 loaf
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 12 oz. beer (whatever your favorite is fine)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- flax seeds or chia seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 375º F and lightly grease a loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Slowly pour in beer and mix it in with a wooden spoon.
- If using, fold in flax or chia seeds and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, place in oven and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe adapted from Half-Baked Harvest