Pumpkin pies are great, but MINI pumpkin pies are even better! At a time when you’re going to be stuffed like a turkey with delectable dishes and wanting to try everything on the table, this dessert is a great way to get your pumpkin pie fix without indulging in an entire slice along with all the other desserts. Something that all the kids and grown-ups alike will love, these bite-sized desserts are easy to make, since you don’t need to worry about making a crust from scratch– and they’re really fun to eat. Whip up a batch (or four) of these and make sure to hard some, because they’re going to go fast!
Mini Pumpkin Pies
Yields 3 dozen
- 3 store-bought roll-out pie dough crust or mini tart shells
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- mini muffin pan (or regular, just use larger cookie cutter)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt until smooth.
- Beat in egg until just incorporated.
- Take pie crust out of refrigerator and roll it out on a generously floured surface. Roll dough out to a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Use a 2-3-inch cookie cutter to cut out mini pie crusts. Return pie crust to the fridge while first round bakes.
- Transfer crusts to muffin tin and gently mold them into the muffin rounds.
Optional: “flute” the edges of the crusts with your fingers or a fork.
- Fill each crust with 1/2-1 tablespoon pie filling.
- Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until crusts are golden and centers have set.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool and serve at room temperature.
Optional: garnish with whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from Dessert For Two