You Thought Thanksgiving Dinner Was The Best, But That Was Before You Tried This Leftover Casserole!
Most people love all the dishes in the Thanksgiving spread, but usually there’s one in particular that they’re especially gung-ho about, raving about how this one recipe makes or breaks the entire meal.
We are not one of those people – we love all the Thanksgiving dishes pretty equally and we really, really love combining them all into a killer casserole once the big feast is over. This leftover casserole is the perfect way to repurpose anything you didn’t get to on Thursday and it all comes together easily, in a way that gets people excited for Round II…try it out and you’ll see!
Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole
- 4 cups leftover stuffing
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups leftover turkey, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup gravy
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Place turkey in the bottom of a large baking dish and top with cranberry sauce. Mix together until turkey is evenly coated in sauce, then spread mixture out evenly.
- Spread potatoes over the cranberry turkey and carefully smooth it out into the sides and corners of the dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk into gravy and stir together, then pour it over the mashed potatoes.
- Top potatoes with stuffing and pour chicken broth over the top. This keeps the stuffing from becoming too dry.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 25 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Favorite Family Recipes