When it comes to easy, filling, delicious dinners, it doesn't get much better than this cheddar chicken broccoli bake. It tastes amazing, is full of protein and nutrients from the brocc, and comes together in a breeze!
We decided whip up a quick sauce by using cheddar cheese soup and evaporated milk (since it makes it nice and thick), but you're also welcome to use velveeta, if you're not opposed to it…either way you get a rich and creamy sauce that goes perfectly with the broccoli and chicken. If you need to feed a pack of hangry (the terrifying result of hunger-induced anger) animals (your family members) try out this casserole and be amazed, they'll gobble it up!
Cheddar Chicken Broccoli Bake
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups broccoli florets, frozen or fresh
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (8 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Season chicken cubes generously with salt and pepper, then place 1/2 chicken cubes in baking dish with 1/2 of broccoli.
- In a bowl, mix together cheddar cheese soup with evaporated milk and pour 1/2 over the chicken and broccoli.
- Repeat with another layer remaining chicken, broccoli and soup mixture, and top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Place baking dish in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Bake At Midnite