Our friends at Spoon University have outdone themselves this time. You can never go wrong with tater tots, but making them into a waffle and using them as bread is just pure genius.
This killer recipe sandwiches cheese, bacon and jalapeĂ±o between two tater tot waffles. Crispy, gooey, spicy, and only 4 ingredients. You know you wanna try it.
Why didnâ€™t we know about this sooner?
Tater Tot Grilled Cheese
25 minutes to prepare serves 1-2
- 28-32 oz. bag tater tots
- 4-6 slices cheddar cheese, or 1/2 cup shredded
- 5-10 slices bacon
- 1-2 tablespoon jalapeĂ±o, chopped (optional)
- Heat waffle iron.
- Fill it with tater tots. Donâ€™t forget all the little spaces.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, until crispy.
- Take it off (tongs and spatulas help). Cook another tot waffle.
- Leaving the second waffle in the iron, layer on the cheese, bacon, jalapeĂ±o, more cheese, and top with the first waffle. Press the iron down again and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Carefully take that bad boy out. Slice and serve. Sooo cheesy.
Recipe from Spoon UniversityÂ