Kebabs are a delicious and fun way to get the whole family to eat their meat and veggies! These skewers are a breeze to put together especially if you delegate the skewering to your younger (but not too young) helpers and they taste amazing too! Also, it's no problem if you feel like skipping the marinade, the steak will taste just as tender and juicy with a drizzle of olive oil and a liberally dosage of salt and pepper. The kids will have fun putting the meal together and you'll have fun getting dinner taken care of and underway!
Steak and Vegetable Kebabs
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 red, orange, yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 zucchinis, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- skewers, metal or wood (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before cooking)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together your olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, lemon zest, paprika and salt and pepper. Pour marinade into a large plastic bag.
- Take your steak and cut it into 1-inch, bite-sized cubes, then transfer cubes to the plastic bag with the marinade. Seal the bag carefully and rub the marinade into the meat. Let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- When the meat has had enough time to marinate, begin skewering along with your vegetables. Each skewer should have several pieces of meat, with at least one of each vegetable, separated by about a 1/4-inch.
- Once all skewers are ready, place them on the grill and cover, alternating every few minutes, for 6-8 minutes. Meat should be charred on all sides.
Recipe adapted from Simply Scratch