We love easy ways to make tasty, healthy dinners, and this chicken Provencal covers all the bases! After a long day, it can be so draining having to come up with a meal that’s hearty enough for everyone without having to put too much time and effort into it. That’s when the slow cooker comes in; you can put everything in the cooker in the morning and have dinner ready when you come home– no hassle for you!
The result is a veggie-packed meal that’s full of flavor, nutrients and protein, and we know that the whole family will love it. Regardless of what’s on your schedule, whether you’re busy or not, give yourself a break and check this out for dinner it’s delicious!
Slow Cooker Chicken Provencal
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 (16 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can crushed tomatoes, with juices
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Season your chicken generously with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
- Pour in olive oil, tomatoes and cannellini beans, then add in peppers, onion and garlic.
- Season with oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Turn slow cooker on LOW and cook for 7-8 hours, or until chicken is completely cooked through and tender. (Stir occasionally, if possible.)
Optional: if you want your Chicken Provencal to be more of a soup, add 2-4 cups chicken stock or broth to the slow cooker at the beginning and cook on low for 8 hours.
Recipe adapted from Skinny Mom