This traditional Polish recipe is a hearty staple in our slow cooker meal rotation during the cold winter months! Our recipe calls for potatoes, Kielbasa, cabbage, and onions, but feel free to add any other veggies left over from another meal – carrots would be great in this! The low and slow method really brings out the tangy flavor of the cabbage, which holds up surprisingly well in the crock pot.
It’s no secret that we love a good crock pot meal in our house. Just chop everything up and throw it in the pot, set it and forget about it! The sausage does lose a bit of flavor when cooking in the crock pot all day, so we suggest letting the cabbage, veggies, and potatoes cook, and frying up the sausage in a skillet right before you’re ready to serve. Either way, this meal will be flavorful and filling!
Slow Cooker Kielbasa And Cabbage
15 mins, 6 hrs to prepare Serves 6-8
- 1 head cabbage, diced
- 2-3 potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 14 oz Kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Layer cabbage, potatoes, and onions in the slow cooker.
- Mix chicken broth, garlic powder, onion powder, vinegar, and mustard together in a separate bowl. Pour mixture over veggies.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, until potatoes are tender.
- Before serving, brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat and stir into crock pot.
Recipe adapted from A Graceful Little Honey Bee.