April is the best time to enjoy asparagus, so if you’re at all looking for a delicious side to serve next to your meal, why not go for a simple, quick sauteed asparagus? This is a simple, light recipe that only takes about 15 minutes to cook to add that perfect finishing touch to your meal. A little lemon adds a perfect tang. To finish it off, grate a little Parmesan or even feta cheese over for a perfect salty note. Keep reading below for this great side dish recipe…
(makes 4 servings)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 wide strips lemon zest
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus and sage leaves and season with the salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp-tender (about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and cook 1 minute. Add the lemon juice, toss to coat, and transfer the asparagus to a serving plate. Top with grated cheese and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart