With buttery, flaky dough on top and savory simmering chicken and veggies beneath, it’s no wonder that Chicken Pot Pie is a comfort classic in homes everywhere. But it does take some time to prepare, which means that it doesn’t make it onto our kitchen table as often as we’d like. Sometimes a little refrigerated tube of dough is just the shortcut you need to get dinner on the table quickly, and with this recipe you get all of the classic Chicken Pot Pie flavor and more!
The braided slice and serve style of this Chicken Pot Pie makes it a family favorite that’s really fun to serve. We’ve taken the liberty of a few shortcuts here: a tube of crescent roll dough, frozen mixed veggies, some prepared cream of chicken soup, and a little bit of cream cheese to round out the sauce. Those shortcuts mean that this fun meal is ready with little time and effort, which means you’ll be enjoying that soft and flaky dough and savory chicken in no time at all!
Chicken Pot Pie Braid
45 minutes to prepare serves 4-6
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup frozen mixed veggies
- 1/2 cup cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the veggies, chicken soup, cooked chicken, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese, until well combined.
- Unroll one can of crescent roll dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Keep it shaped as one rectangle, sealing any of the perforations in the dough. Unroll the remaining tube of dough and place the triangles along along the two long sides of the rectangles, with the pointed ends toward the sides of the pan.
- Spread the chicken mixture evenly onto the middle rectangle of dough and fold the triangles of dough over the mixture, alternating corners of the dough through the middle to form a braid.
- Seal any perforations in the dough. Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!