Who knew lasagna was for dessert? We sure didn’t, but now we’re hooked. The signature layers of lasagna lend themselves well to dessert because it allows you to pack in a ton of different sweet flavors. This layered dream of a dessert has it all: buttery caramel, creamy whipped topping, sweet and tender apples, and velvety vanilla pudding. Oh, and a crunchy and buttery oatmeal cookie base. It’s pretty darn dreamy, you guys.
And yeah, we know that this pretty much only resembles “lasagna” in that it has layers, so you are free to call it an icebox cake if you’re so inclined. We can’t get enough of the caramel apple combination, and the creamy whipped topping and vanilla pudding set it off so nicely. It’s the perfect dessert for fall, but it’s definitely one we won’t mind revisiting any time of year!
Caramel Apple Lasagna
30 minutes active, 4 hours inactive to prepare serves 8-10
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) oatmeal cookie mix, plus ingredients required on pouch
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 12 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups apple pie filling
- 2 boxes vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake cookies according to package directions, then cool completely.
- Once cooled, blitz half the cookies in a food processor until they become coarse crumbs. Transfer to a medium bowl, then continue blitzing the remaining half of the cookies.
- Add remaining cookie crumbs and melted butter to the bowl and stir until well-combined. Press cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently fold in 2 cups of the Cool Whip until well-combined, then spread evenly over the prepared crust. Top evenly with apple pie filling.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together the pudding mixes and milk until thick, about 2 minutes. Spread evenly over the apple layer, then top with remaining Cool Whip. Cover and chill 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, slice into squares and drizzle caramel sauce over the top. Enjoy!