You know what’s even better than Russian tea cookies? These secret kiss cookies we made the other day, which blow the former out of the water (- especially if you love chocolate as much as we do). What makes them a secret you ask? We included a little something in the middle of each cookie…a Hershey’s kiss!
The best part about these cookies, asides from how tasty and addictive they are, is how ridiculously adorable they are once you cut into them. Let them cool completely, then shock your family or friends when they take the first bite and see that classic chocolate silhouette…or eat them when they’re still warm and gooey – there’s no wrong way to enjoy these bad boys!
2 hours to prepare 3 dozen
- 36 hershey’s chocolate kisses, wrappers removed
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar, as needed
- Preheat oven to 375º F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla extract until fluffy and lightened in color. 3-4 minutes.
- Gradually beat in flour, walnuts and salt, until everything is fully incorporated.
- Cover dough and place in refrigerator to chill, 1-2 hours.
- Once dough is firm and holds its shape, use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to measure out roughly 1 tablespoon of dough. Wrap dough carefully around 1 chocolate kiss, making sure to cover it completely.
- Transfer cookie to lined baking sheet, then repeat with remaining dough and chocolates.
- Once ready, place cookies in oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until cookies have just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes, then roll cookies in powdered sugar.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from < a href="http://cakescottage.com/2015/12/14/hersheys-secret-kisses-cookies/" target="_blank">Cakescottage