When mornings are chilly and your coffee just isn’t cutting it alone, this apple bread should be your go-to breakfast snack. These are great fresh out of the oven and just as good several days later, packed in lunches or eaten on the go. It comes together quickly and the apples are baked into it, like extra pockets of cinnamon-y goodness—this’ll warm you right up!
Spiced Cinnamon-Apple Bread
(Makes 1 (9×5) loaf)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups apples, small-medium dice (granny smiths, approx. 2 medium apples)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350º F and butter a 9x5in loaf pan
- Mix or sift flour, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs, oil, sugars and vanilla until everything is combined. Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and incorporate well. Don’t overmix. Fold in the apples so they’re completely covered and mixed in, and place batter in loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine “Topping” ingredients and blend together. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, around 45-55 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack and let cool. Run knife along the edge of baking dish to loosen the loaf. Transfer to serving plate and enjoy.
Recipe adapted fromChow