This salmon recipe is so filling; it’s an excellent choice for dinner that will really please any crowd. While there are several different components that make up this recipe, they all come together to create a well-rounded flavor that tastes amazing with the fish. We love the lemon and herb combo with the extra kick from the bacon, but this dish tastes delicious even without the added crunch! Potatoes ground this earthy and tangy meal and make it a complete, special dinner that you can make, with ease, for friends and family alike!
Lemon Herb Roasted Salmon
- 1 2-pound salmon fillet
- 1 pound new potatoes, halved
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced; 1 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Spread potatoes out on a baking sheet and drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over them. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, tossing in the middle, or until softened.
- In a bowl, combine remaining olive oil with Dijon mustard and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add in chopped parsley, lemon zest, dill and tarragon, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut bacon strips into small, 1-inch pieces.
- Remove potatoes from oven and push them to the edges of the baking sheet.
- Spread lemon herb mixture over salmon and carefully transfer fish to the middle of baking sheet.
- Add lemon slices on top of the fish and bacon on top of the potatoes, and return tray to oven. Cook for 12-15 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve hot. (Pairs well with cooked peas.)
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart