These cheddar muffins are a great accompaniment to any meal and they’re really easy to make! Ever tried those addictive cheddar biscuit with a meal at Red Lobster? These muffins will be right up your alley– they’re made to taste just like those ones you gobble up at the restaurant!
These cheesy biscuits are filling and tastythey add a little something special to your meals, and they carry really well and are great for lunchboxes or afternoon snacks. They are such a fun, savory alternative to sweet muffins, and you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry, so there’s no reason not to make them!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º F and spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg, milk and butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold in cheddar cheese.
- Fill your muffin tins 3/4 full with batter and place baking tin in oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home