As we’ve said before in the past, chicken really seems to get a bad rap sometimes, but we really think that’s just because people are used to eating it in bland, boring ways. It doesn’t have to be tasteless, you just need to know how to season and serve your chicken, which is why we’ve got this yummy roasted lemon and garlic chicken thighs recipe for you today. It’s healthy, full of flavor and easy to make – making it perfect for a weeknight dinner, or for when you want something tasty and healthy that you don’t have to put too much effort into; you don’t need to slave away for hours on end to make great food!
Not only does this dish have great flavor, but we love using our silicone pyramid roasting rack for anything we’re cooking that we want to make extra crispy. It’s similar to a standard silicone baking sheet, but has raised pyramids on it so that you’re food is lifted up, allowing for better heat and air circulation; this means anything you’re cooking also gets perfectly crispy on the bottom as well as the top! Any grease or fat drains away, resulting in a healthier dish, plus you don’t any soggy bottoms that you would normally get by cooking something that ends up sitting in its own juices. We made this recipe a full meal by adding the potatoes, so you can get perfectly crispy, crunchy potatoes as well as deliciously crispy, flavor-packed chicken.
Click HERE to get you Pyramid Roasting Rack
While you could still easily make this recipe without a pyramid roasting rack, we find it really does make all the difference. Get your seasoning together and coat your chicken and potatoes in it, then throw it all on your pyramid rack-lined baking sheet. It’s a one-pan meal that lets you get dinner on the table in under an hour, and it’ll have everyone raving. Just watch, you’ll be making this again in no time!!
Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs
Time to Prepare: 45 minutes
- 4-6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large lemon, zested and sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- silicone pyramid roasting rack
- Preheat oven to 425º F and line a baking sheet with silicone pyramid roasting rack.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper and paprika, if using.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, and more salt and pepper, then add chicken and toss until coated in oil.
- Add chopped potatoes and garlic to lemon oil mixture and toss until coated, then transfer to lined baking sheet, leaving a space for chicken thighs.
- Place chicken in the same bowl, coating with remaining lemon olive oil, then place chicken on top of potatoes, and top with sliced lemon.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and top with freshly chopped herbs and serve hot. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Woks Of Life