This classic roast beef dinner will have everyone coming back for more! Our slow cooker method of cooking the meat yields a tender and juicy roast every single time, topped off with our mouthwatering gravy recipe handed down from grandma, it’s all just too much to resist! Plus, you can throw the veggies right in with the roast, making this meal surprisingly simple to prep.
What’s not to love about this meal? Our favorite part is all the leftovers! While this dish is perfect for a big family gathering, it also works well for a small family, just looking for some delicious lunches to warm up throughout the week. Give our tried and true roast beef recipe a try, we promise you won’t regret it!
Classic Roast Beef And Gravy
8 hrs to prepare serves 4
- 3 lb chuck or rump roast
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 lbs potatoes, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a small bowl, mix together steak seasoning and Italian seasoning. Rub over entire roast, and place in a well greased slow cooker.
- Pour in beef broth, and add potatoes, carrots, and onion. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 6.
- Before serving, prepare the gravy by draining the liquid from the slow cooker into a medium sauce pan. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to the beef broth mix. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cold water and cornstarch. Add to the saucepan and reduce heat to medium. Allow to thicken 3-5 minutes.
- Place roast and veggies on a large serving platter, and pour gravy on top. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Creme De La Crumb.