From The Oreo Crust To The Cheesecake Filling, These Easy Cookies And Cream Bars Are Absolute Perfection!
Cookies and cream anything played a pretty large role in our childhood, as we were completely obsessed with the combination and demanded to have it at any and every occasion. Things are a little different now, but we still get those old cravings every once and a while and this treat is the perfect way to satiate said cookies n’ cream cravings…by combining it with cheesecake…win-win. While we’ve cultured our palates a bit with foods other than Oreo cookies, a part of us will always love the sweet and creamy, chocolatey duo, and this dessert is our way of paying homage to it.
Cookies And Cream Oreo Cheesecake Bars
Yield: 2 dozen
- 22 whole Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 whole Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- 12 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325º F and line a 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the sides.
- For the crust: start by scooping Oreo filling out into a bowl and set it aside.
- Place chocolate cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse for 5 seconds.
- Drizzle in melted butter and pulse until mixture is the consistency of wet sand.
- Transfer cookie crust to baking dish and use your hands to press it firmly and evenly into the corners and edges of the dish.
- Place crust in oven and bake for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat softened cream cheese and Oreo filling until smooth, then beat in sugar and eggs.
- Once eggs are incorporated, mix in sour cream, vanilla extract and salt, and stir until combined.
- Fold in chopped cookies, then pour batter into cooled Oreo crust.
- Smooth out the top, then place baking dish in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until center is set.
Note: baking time varies if you use a different size baking dish.
- Turn off oven and, without opening the oven, leave the cheesecake to cool for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight before extracting parchment paper, cutting into bars and serving.
Recipe adapted from People