Shrimp make such a tasty dinner, we always wonder why we don’t make them more often! For some reason we always forget how easy and delicious they can be, but all it takes is one trip to Chili’s to remind us of just how good they are. A spicy garlic lime shrimp really hits the spot, so we set out to tackle them at home and boy, were we impressed.
The great thing about this meal is that it’s healthy, tastes amazing and is super quick! You could spice up any dinner, weekday or weekend, with this dish, and it’s one of those really versatile recipes that is perfect for family nights or entertaining. We love having something that feels fancy and indulgent in our wheelhouse that’s actually a breeze to make–and skewers up the ante and give your presentation a boost if you want to impress your diners even more.
Garlic Lime Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 limes, juiced, plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- skewers, optional
- In a medium bowl, combine salt, pepper, parsley, cayenne, paprika and onion powder, and mix together.
Optional: skewer limes ahead of time to make cooking easier.
- Heat butter in a large pan or skillet over medium heat. Once hot, stir in crushed garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add shrimp to the pan and pour lime juice over all of them, making sure each shrimp gets some juice.
- Sprinkle all of seasoning over the shrimp and stir/toss to coat thoroughly with spices.
- Cook shrimp for 5-6 minutes, flipping over in the middle, until browned and opaque.
- Transfer shrimp to serving platter, garnish with limes and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Food