This recipe is all about simplicity. For those in the mood for a good single-serving chocolate fix, what could be better than a quick microwavable brownie in a coffee mug? Add a dollop of ice cream or some whipped cream on top and eat with a spoon. Given that this brownie is baked in a coffee mug, we decided to use a bit of coffee to add a touch of bitter to the chocolate. It just seemed so fitting.
Scroll down and learn how to make this simple, delectable treat…
(Photo: Imgur user DustinKoski)
Microwave Coffee Mug Brownies
(makes 1 serving)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 tablespoon instant coffee
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 or 2 drops vanilla extract
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, cinnamon, and instant coffee to a microwave-save ceramic mug. Use a fork to mix together and break apart any clumps.
- Add butter, water, and vanilla to the mug, and stir until the mixture is smoothe.
- Microwave on high about a 1 minute 40 seconds or until the brownie is cooked all the way through. Each microwave is different, so experiment.
- Let cool for a minute, then either eat straight or add ice cream or whipped cream on top.
Recipe adapted from Food.com