If a slice of pizza for breakfast sounds divine, then you'll love this recipe. Piled high with eggs, bacon, ham, and cheese (of course), this dish offers a creative spin on the classic breakfast or dinner, if you'd like to enjoy these traditional morning flavors later in the evening. If you don't have ham or bacon, no problem you could top this pie with sausage, pepperoni, veggies, or even potatoes. This version is sauce-less, but you could add sausage gravy, salsa, or cream cheese as a base before adding the eggs, cheese, etc.
- 1 12-inch pre-baked or refrigerated pizza crust (e.g. Pillsbury)
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces bacon (about 6 slices)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over medium-low heat until crisp. Then, remove the bacon from the skillet and let it drain on paper towels. Drain the bacon grease from the skillet.
- If using a refrigerated pizza crust, follow the instructions on the label to make sure it is pre-cooked properly you might have to roll it out onto a baking sheet and bake it for about 5 minutes until lightly golden.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, and pepper, and then stir in the bacon and ham. Cook the egg mixture in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the eggs are firm but still a bit moist.
- Spoon the egg mixture onto the crust, and then top everything with the cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and pizza is warm.
Recipe adapted from Recipe.com