It's time to put that fresh summer produce to good use ñ whether you've grown it in your garden, picked it up from the farmers market, or bought it at the store. This light avocado feta salad is the perfect way to do that.
Pair it with seafood or something from the grill, or make it the main event — though you might want to adjust the serving size if this is the entre. It also makes a great lunch if you're looking for something fresh and simple, while non-feta lovers can easy ditch the feta and still enjoy the bold flavors.
If you're worried about the serving size, consider making extras– this is one dish that will disappear fast!
Avocado and Feta Salad
(Serves about four people)
- 1 cucumber, cut lengthwise and then into slices
- 1-1/2 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced into bite-size chunks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Drizzle of good olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, feta, and garlic.
- Add the avocado and drizzle the lemon on the avocado so it doesnít discolor and turn brown.
- Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the top with a bit of olive oil (and if you want more of a vinaigrette taste, a drizzle of red wine vinegar as well) and mix everything well.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes