Chicken really is a tried-and-true standby for simple weeknight dinners, but weâ€™re always looking for new ways to revamp this main dish staple. Thatâ€™s where this recipe comes in handy – it only takes five ingredients to whip up some of the crispiest and juiciest chicken weâ€™ve ever had! The coating is loaded up with ranch seasoning, a perennial favorite in our home. You can buy premade packets, or use this recipe to make your own from scratch. Either way, both adults and kids will be head over heals for this crispy and flavorful oven baked goodness!
5-Ingredient Baked Ranch Chicken
1 hour to prepare serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 375Âº F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large, re-sealable baggie, mix together crushed corn flakes, parmesan cheese and dry ranch mix.
- Seal bag and shake to combine.
- Pour melted butter into a shallow dish and dip each chicken breast so each side is covered in butter.
- Shake off excess, then place each chicken breast (one by one) in corn flake baggie.
- Seal bag and shake vigorously, until chicken is completely coated.
- Repeat with remaining chicken and transfer to greased baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cornflake mixture over the tops of the chicken.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. (If chicken is browning too quickly, tent with aluminum foil; if itâ€™s not golden brown, place it under the broiler for the last 3-5 minutes of cooking.)
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Life In The Lofthouse