This turkey roll is just fantastic, and while it looks complicated, the fact is it’s a very manageable recipe once you break down the steps. You can easily customize this dish, but we prefer it stuffed with tasty garlic, spinach, feta, eggs and prosciutto .everything cooks in the oven, and it goes perfectly with the white wine-glazed turkey!
This meal is amazing at anytime of the year, for any type of meal; whether you’re celebrating a loved one’s success or just trying to get people interested and excited about dinner time, this turkey roll has wonderful flavor and will really jumpstart your mealtimes!
Spinach & Feta Stuffed Turkey
- 1 large, boneless turkey breast half (1 3/4 pounds)
- 8 oz. sliced prosciutto
- 1 (6 oz.) package pre-washed spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and add spinach and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until spinach is wilted and garlic is fragrant, but not burned. 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer spinach and garlic to a medium bowl and stir in feta, breadcrumbs and lightly beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper and oregano, and set aside.
- Butterfly cut (horizontally) your turkey breast without cutting through completely. Open breast, as you would a book, and lay it out flat.
- Place between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and use a meat mallet to pound it out to 1/2-inch thinness. Discard plastic wrap and season turkey with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Spread prosciutto out over turkey, then cover with spinach mixture.
- Roll turkey into a wrap and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat remaining olive oil and butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey and brown on all sides. About 5 minutes.
- Pour in white wine and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes, then slice and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from My Recipes