We’ve tried pizza sticks and pizza dips… but braids? Once we found the refrigerated pizza dough at our grocery store, we knew we wanted to play around with it and see what we could come up with. Lucky for us, a standard pepperoni pizza packed into a pizza braid is just as good as it sounds (you could always switch things up a little with a BBQ chicken version)! This braid looks amazing and is easy to make – a definite win-win that you and your family will love!
It’s really much simpler than it looks. You just roll out the dough a little bit, place your favorite pizza ingredients in the middle and cut and braid up the edges. Top it with a bit of cheese, pop it in the oven… and voila! You’ve got a whole different kind of pizza night. It’s always good to have a guaranteed crowd-pleaser and this definitely fits the bill.
Pepperoni Pizza Braid
- 1 (13.8 oz.) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup assorted cheeses (cheddar, monterey, mozzarella), divided
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- pepperoni slices, as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line your workstation with parchment paper and unroll pizza dough. Use a rolling pin to smooth out in a rectangle.
- Spread pizza sauce out in a thick line down the center of the dough, then cover with 1/2 cup cheese and pepperoni slices.
- Sprinkle with oregano, then use a rotary cutter or a knife to cut thin strips extending out from the center of the dough. Repeat on other side.
- Making sure to tuck in the ends, pull one strip gently over the pepperoni center, then take the strip on the other side and fold it over the center, overlapping in the middle.
- Continue braiding remaining pizza roll, then top with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cut into slices and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.