If you’ve never tried cheesy pancakes, then you’re in for a real treat! We like to serve this as a holiday breakfast dish, or really for any occasion when we want to celebrate something special. These pancakes are slightly sweet, super rich, and beyond delicious! And an unexpected benefit here is the amount of protein that is packed into this simple little patty – regular pancakes are made with flour and so are heavy in carbs, but not this pancake! With a primary base ingredient of cheese, these patties offer something a little more satisfying than a traditional pancake.
Ricotta cheese works so well here – it’s got the perfect texture and offers a great richness to the pancake. Serve these up warm and topped with virtually anything: fresh fruit, maple syrup, jam, and maybe a dusting of powdered sugar. We absolutely love these light, slightly sweet, and super delicious patties in the pan and we hope you’ll enjoy them too!
Patties in the Pan
15 minutes to prepare 18-20 patties
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil
- Whisk together flour and salt in a large bowl, then stir in ricotta, vanilla extract, honey and eggs until smooth.
- Scoop out a generous spoonful of batter and, with lightly floured hands, shape into ovals.
- Lightly dust patties with flour and press each one down to flatten slightly.
- Heat oil on medium-high in a skillet and cook patties on each side until cakes are golden brown.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Chipotle Potato