Peanut butter. We will never stop raving about peanut butter in all its many forms (as witnessed here, here and here) and we have another recipe for you that you can add to your “Must Make” peanut butter list. Peanut butter cookie bars!
These bars have the deliciously thick consistency of brownies, but are chock-full of peanut butter morsels instead of chocolate (although you could always add chocolate chips). They’re perfect for anything, be it family night or an entertaining eventespecially since they’re easy to make!and we know the peanut butter lovers in your life will go wild for them!
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
Yield: 2-3 dozen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick unsalted butter), room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together brown sugar, peanut butter and butter until fluffy and lightened in color. 3-5 minutes.
- Beat in egg and then, once fully incorporated, milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir in dry ingredients, then gently fold in peanut butter chips.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish, then smooth over the top and place in oven.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Very Best Baking