Pizza is actually pretty simple to make at home if you’re using store-bought dough, but we’re making the process even easier by using a special ingredienttortillas! This recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, and it’s fun to put together since everyone can make his or her own and customize it to their heart’s desire. You can add whatever other veggies you have in the fridge, along with leftover tomato sauce, different cheeses and other meats; feel free to let you creative streak go crazy with this one! If you want a quick and tasty meal that everyone will love, these tortilla pizzas are your best bet. Impossible to mess up (just keep an eye on them while they bake), you can make them time and time again and never get tired of them!
Easy Tortilla Pizza
- 4 flour tortillas
- 6-8 oz. ham, thickly sliced or cubed
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat and saute diced onions until translucent and softened. About 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add ham to the onions. Cook until slightly browned and set aside.
- Spread tortillas out on 1-2 baking sheets and sprinkle mozzarella evenly over the tops of the tortillas, then add onions and ham.
- Lay the tomato slices over the cheese, onions and ham and then add chopped basil.
- Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy.