There’s nothing quite like eating a warm bowl of macaroni and cheese. It is such a satisfying feeling that it seems hard to make this dish any better. Well we’ve combined macaroni and cheese with another favorite food of ours: BUFFALO WINGS! This recipe adds the flavor of Buffalo wings to our favorite comfort food and the results are mouth-wateringly good!
We decided to use Franks Red Hot sauce and Tabasco so that you can adjust how spicy you want your mac to be. With the combination of spicy chicken, baked macaroni, and gooey sauce, it’ll be hard to decide which is your favorite part of this family favorite!
Mouth-Watering Buffalo Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 pound macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium shallots
- 3/4 cup Franks Red Hot sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar (shredded)
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a large baking dish.
- Boil water in a large pot and cook macaroni for 7 minutes until it is al dente.
- Drain macaroni in a large colander.
- Dice your shallots, garlic, and chicken into small pieces.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add shallots, garlic, and chicken to the skillet. After 3 minutes, add ¼ cup of Frank’s hot sauce and desired amount of Tabasco. Cook for 12 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly. When finished, let cool.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a separate skillet on medium heat. Add in flour, garlic salt, and cayenne and whisk for 1 minute.
- Add milk, heavy cream, and remaining hot sauce to your skillet. Continue whisking for 2 minutes
- Add cheddar and pepper jack cheese to your skillet with milk, flour, and seasonings. Whisk until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Stir in sour cream to finish your sauce.
- Pour half of your macaroni into your greased baking dish and then add your cooked chicken on top.
- Spread the remaining macaroni on top of the chicken and then pour your sauce evenly on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes until bubbly.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. (Serve in baking dish or ceramic bowls to preserve heat).
Recipe adapted from Table For Two