You know when you walk into a candy store and want to buy every single thing in the place? At least, that’s what we want to do whenever we go in. Instead, we decided to try our hands in the kitchen and make our own fantastic confection!
Fudge is something that’s crazy easy to make at home, so there’s no reason to go out and buy it. We like ours rich and decadent, so we used dark chocolate and espresso powder to give it extra flavor – it’s a winning combination when paired with the almonds and we can’t get enough of these little morsels!
Mocha Almond Fudge
Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 (12 oz.) bag dark chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine chocolate chips with butter and condensed milk and, stirring continuously, cook until mixture is totally melted and smooth. 4-7 minutes.
- Once smooth, stir in vanilla and almond extract, and espresso powder and salt.
- Fold in toasted almonds and pour mixture into lined baking sheet.
- Place in refrigerator and let set at least 3 hours before extracting from baking dish and cutting into squares.
Recipe adapted from 12 Tomatoes